Founded by Joe and Lydia Young, J.D. Young Company first opened for business in 1949 at its present location, 116 West Third Street, in downtown Tulsa. Occupying only 150 square feet of area, J.D. Young Company started with five employees and specialized in photostat and blueprint services.
As technology grew and progressed, so did the company and in 1955, J.D. Young Company began selling the most advanced copy machine at that time: the Thermo-Fax copying machine. In one year alone, they sold over 200 Thermo-Fax machines and established relationships with successful banks, credit unions and oil companies in a city that was known as the “Oil Capital of the World.”
In 1980, board member and part owner Bob Stuart, Sr. and wife, Harriett, bought the company from the Young family to become the sole owners of J.D. Young Company. Bob Stuart, Jr. joined the company in 1981 and Doug Stuart in 1983.
J.D. Young Company continued to grow, as did the services they provided, and during the years of 2000 to 2007, J.D. Young Company started providing software technology to automate and regulate paper documentation. Leadership also added the staff and expertise needed to offer customers a new service that reduces a print fleet’s total cost of ownership as well as manages device usage and supplies.
Today, J.D. Young Company is better known as JD Young and specializes in streamlining business processes with document technologies. Bob Stuart Sr., Chairman of the Board, Bob Stuart Jr., CEO and Doug Stuart, President lead the company in solving document problems and delivering solutions through a team of committed local professionals.