Your staff searches for information, acts on it, moves it, and archives it every day. This process, with its manual searching, faxing, photocopying, and hand distribution, is costly and time-consuming. The inefficiencies of this process can prevent your employees from making productive use of the information.
Document management solutions with an automated workflow feature deliver more efficient and cost-effective document-centered work processes. A workflow solution reduces costly paper handling with intelligent document routing, and saves time and money by reducing photocopying, hand delivery, and repetitive dragging and dropping.
Customizable workflow rules automatically route documents from one employee to the next, based on your settings. Automated email messages alert team members when documents require their attention. A quality workflow solution doesn’t treat your valued staff as stations along an assembly line, but rather as key cogs in an efficient process whose time is better spent on more productive tasks.
A workflow solution enables your organization to do the following:
• Create a virtual work process model.
• Design rules-based routing systems to streamline document-handling procedures.
• Copy and move documents using routing services and your computer network.
• Automatically notify staff and supervisors when certain events, such as placement of a document in a folder, opening of a document, or a change in an index field, take place.
• Monitor user activity, guaranteeing efficiency and project completion while enabling enhanced staff efficiency reporting.
Document management gives you the power to recapture lost hours, reduce your overhead expenses, and increase profitability through workflow automation, all while improving the level of service you provide to your customers. Time saved can be devoted to cultivating new customers and generating additional revenue.