It seems like everywhere you turn, there’s another cyber-security threat. It could be a mysterious hacker or even one of your own employees, your company’s data might be more vulnerable than you think. Sadly, using a traditional locked file cabinet just won’t cut it anymore.
The problem is that paper documents can be stolen from the filing room or taken out of the trash if not shredded, and digital documents are susceptible to a breach if saved in the wrong place. So, what’s the best way to secure all your data and documents?
One of the best ways to secure your data is to use a document management service. With these systems, you can manage, store, access, and distribute all your data. In addition, you’ll be cutting out tons of clutter and excessive paper floating around the office, but that’s not even the best part. Above all else, document management will protect your data by showing a chain of custody and tracking all your business documents to comply with regulatory requirements.
Protecting Your Data
A document management system uses several levels of protection to ensure the safety of your information:
- Automatic data backups stored with multiple redundancies
- Protective software such as firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware
- Data encryption for the safe transmission of information
- Password protection limiting access to your data
- Tracking procedures to monitor who accesses your files and what they do with them
- Security reviews by professionals to continually assess and update your safeguards
The security of your information is a matter your business simply cannot afford to take lightly.