Whether you have dozens of letters to mail and don’t want to wreck your hand or you just want to give one letter a professional look, Microsoft Word makes it easy to do so. In this tutorial, we’ll give you the step-by-step rundown on how to do so.
- Under the Mailings options, select “Envelopes.”
- Once you’ve clicked “Envelopes”, an option will immediately become available where you can type in both the address of whom you’d like to receive the letter and your return address.
- Once you’ve entered your address, click the “Page Setup” which will present the following screen. From this view, you can choose what size of envelope you plan to use. If you’re not sure of the envelope’s size, you can measure it or you can look on the box of envelopes that from whence it came.
- Once you have all of the address details and the sizing details straightened out, you can click “OK” on both screens. The program will create a preview of the envelope you wish to print. From here, you can make any changes to the addresses style and formatting.
- Once you have all of the details straightened away, you can navigate to the top to select the printer icon as you would in order to print a document. Using the options, choose the proper printer you would like to use. Place the envelope in the paper receiver. Make sure to resize the receiver to fit the size of the envelope. When all of these conditions are right, you may click “print” to proceed.
Printing the addresses on your envelopes is a great way to make any letter feel more official. Once you’ve mastered this skill, you may end up doing it this way every time!
For over 70 years, JD Young has helped businesses just like yours thrive.