Technology is changing the way we do business at a rapid pace.
If businesses want to stay competitive, they have to become early adopters and find the latest technology before the competition does. The best kind of technology to look for are the ones that quickly incorporate into your daily workflows and become difficult to imagine doing your job without it. Mobile devices are a great example of this concept. Take a second and try to imagine how hard it would be to do your job efficiently without a smartphone by your side. Advances now allow employees to access internal company files using mobile devices from anywhere in the world.
According to the Pew Research Center, 77% of American adults use a smartphone. The study also finds that smartphones are used to do everything from investigating health conditions to online banking, to reserving rental cars.
Such a strong reliance on smartphones to accomplish work tasks creates a necessity for mobile printing. The need for hardcopy prints isn’t going away, regardless of advances in technology. Think about a few ways mobile printing can improve the way you work:
- Print documents directly from your mobile device to any networked printer
- Get a jump start on tomorrow’s seminar by printing 15 copies of your 50-page handout during off-hours, so they are ready to go in the morning
- Print meeting agendas from your smartphone on your way to the office, so they are waiting for you when you arrive
- Print receipts directly to your office during business trips for easy reimbursement
- Take pictures of the whiteboard during your next partner meeting and instantly print them to share with coworkers who aren’t in attendance
- Print a recently updated proposal minutes before you’re due to present it
The practical uses for mobile printing are boundless, but it’s important to think of mobile printing as a necessity, not as a luxury. As mobile computing surpasses traditional PC computing, your need for mobile printing will become increasingly crucial to stay viable in today’s competitive market.