Going from traditional filing cabinets and hard copies to electronic content management (ECM) offers a lot of ways to save. While money is certainly on the list, there are a few other ways you can save big by switching to ECM. Here are five ways an ECM system can save your office valuable resources.
1. Time- With digitized documents, you won’t have to spend hours hunting down a lost or missing file. Instead, you can search for documents based on what they are, not where they are. When you need to find a document, you search by name, file type, date, or keyword. This cuts down on time searching and allows you to focus on revenue-generating activity.
2. Money- Working with hard copies requires ink, toner, paper, and printer maintenance. Add that to the cost of file cabinets, off-site storage units, and the manpower to run the entire operation, and you’ve got an expensive bill. With ECM, you can save on these common office costs and operate more efficiently.
3. Space- Imagine what you could do with the extra space your file room is taking up. An ECM system can shrink your file room into the size of a few small servers. This gives you the freedom to add more office space or put in a nice lounge for your employees to enjoy.
4. Legal Trouble- Compliance is a breeze with ECM. Instead of relying on an old-fashioned lock and key, you can use the power of cybersecurity to delegate access to certain files and easily track edits and views. In the event of a compliance audit, this feature will definitely come in handy.
5. Disaster Recovery- If a fire, flood, or other natural disaster hits your office an ECM system will protect your precious data and get you back up and running as soon as you can get your hands on a computer. If you were working with hard copies, all your data would have been destroyed, leaving your business crippled and unable to function.